Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Even More Pics from Fairbanks...

Oh, and by the way, I saw my very first Northern Lights! Haven't tried to take pictures of it though.... And a bunch of army guys left today so the base is quite lonely...


On top of the world at Poker Flat, such wonderful landscapes...
__________________________________________________________________________________________




I'm very cold but very happy.
__________________________________________________________________________________________





These two are pictures of inside the telemetry building. This is where all the trajectory and systems info is fed to from the rocket while it's flying. Also, all the science data comes through here as well. Some people who work this stuff are NASA but I guess the work is also privatized out to a group called NSROC who employ programmers and EE guys to run this building.
__________________________________________________________________________________________





Those magical Alaskan sunsets... And, hey, this time of year, it's almost always sunset or sunrise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We launched!

 It happened all of a sudden and it was amazing. I didn't get to post my other half-written blog posts, but I'll do that later on.  ...